Boulder Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured in a collision with a tractor-trailer in Boulder, Colorado, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries and related damages.
Our team of truck accident lawyers at Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, handles large truck and tractor-trailer personal injury cases in Boulder and surrounding areas in Colorado. Our team has won six- and seven-figure settlements for other clients, and we’re ready to help you with your lawsuit or claim.You Could be Compensated for Your Truck Accident Injuries
Because a truck collision can affect people differently, one of the first things our team will do for you as our client is assess the extent of your injuries and damages.
We will evaluate how the vehicle collision affected your physical and mental health, your working abilities, and personal relationships and lifestyle. Then, we will divide your damages into two categories: economic and non-economic losses.
Economic losses are financial damages
Economic losses involve any financial expense, loss, or debt you experienced or have due to the truck accident. These damages can be proven with monetary documents, such as bills, receipts, tax forms, and bank statements.
As a truck accident victim in Boulder, you may demand compensation for the following types of economic damages:
- Costs for medical treatment for your injuries
- Repair costs for property damage you incurred (or the cash value of your property if it was destroyed or totaled in the accident)
- Loss of income due to having to heal from your injuries
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries limit your working abilities temporarily or permanently
- Other out-of-pocket costs related to your injuries, such as costs for at-home care services
Non-economic losses are physical and emotional damages
Non-economic losses do not readily have a financial value, as they are more subjective and vary in their impact on an individual. Our team can assess your non-economic damages and assign a value to them to include them in your compensation demands.
These losses may include:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Permanent disability or loss of bodily function, such as vision
- Disfigurement, including scarring and severe burns
You may pursue other damages not mentioned in this list based on the circumstances of your case. Our team can describe what other damages you may qualify for based on what is named in CO Rev Stat § 13-21-102.5.Our Legal Team Will Work Hard to Build Your Truck Accident Case
You can work with a personal injury attorney from our law firm to help you build your Boulder County truck accident case. We can manage your case on your behalf so that you can focus on your recovery without having to put your legal pursuits on hold.
Our team offers various services as part of our commitment to helping clients like you fight for the compensation they need. These services include:
- Identifying the liable party or parties involved in your case, such as the truck driver, the trucking company, or a maintenance company
- Collecting evidence to support your case argument, which might include video footage, witness testimony, and accident reconstruction analysis
- Handling communications with other involved parties, such as the insurance company or other legal attorneys
- Representing you in settlement negotiations or trial and presenting your case
- Advising you on legal decisions when necessary
- Updating you on the progress of your case
We have a track record of winning high-figure settlements
Our team at Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, works hard for every client we take on. Once we calculate how much compensation you may be entitled to collect, we will do what it takes to compel the liable party or parties to pay for your damages.
Some of our previous winnings in Boulder County include:
- $1,330,000 settlement for a truck accident
- $220,000 verdict for a truck collision
- $896,000 verdict for a car accident
Our team works on a contingency-fee basis
Many people think they have to pay extensive attorney’s fees to build their truck accident case, which can deter them from working with a lawyer in general. However, our law firm does not charge any attorney’s fees unless we win you compensation.
We work on a contingency-fee basis because we understand that clients like you might not be in the financial position to hire a lawyer. As such, we collect our fees at the end of your case, provided we secure you compensation. We can discuss our rates in more detail during your free consultation.Your Truck Accident Case has a Legal Deadline
All personal injury lawsuits have a legal deadline they must adhere to when being submitted. Truck accident cases fall under this category of law, so our team will look into your case to determine its deadline. This can usually be determined by observing the crash report on your accident.
According to CO Rev Stat § 13-80-101, you generally have three years from the date of the truck accident to file your lawsuit. However, depending on certain factors (e.g., suing a government entity), this deadline may vary.
Our team will inform you about how much time you have to bring your case forward in Boulder County, especially as the deadline approaches.Call Our Law Firm if You Want to Hire a Truck Accident Attorney in Boulder, Colorado
Hire a truck accident attorney who understands the laws that commercial drivers must follow. When you come to Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, after being involved in a truck accident, we immediately and thoroughly investigate your case and file claims for the compensation we believe you are entitled to receive.
We serve clients in Boulder and other areas in Colorado, including Denver, Louisville, Lafayette, Arvada, Aurora, Fort Collins, and the Front Range.
Call us today at (303) 543-1000 for your free consultation.