Farming Accident Injury Lawyer
Colorado farms generate over $8 billion to our state’s economy every year, but this revenue has a cost. It's tough working on a farm. Every day, farmers are exposed to hazardous conditions, from handling dangerous equipment to driving on roads with tractors and machinery to handling animals three times your size. If you or a loved one suffered injuries as an agricultural worker, or after you were hit by a farm vehicle, our farming accident lawyers are ready to advocate for you immediately.
At Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, our personal injury attorneys serve clients in small towns across eastern Colorado like Wray, Limon, and Brush, as well as western slope farming towns like Craig, Palisade, Delta, and Paonia. With our help, you can focus on your recovery rather than a complicated legal case. A personal injury claim or lawsuit can secure compensation to cover your medical bills and other injury-related expenses.
Call us today at 303-543-1000 to begin your case with a free initial consultation.What Makes a Farm Accident Different than a “regular” Accident?
First, farm vehicles are large and difficult to drive or operate. As a result vehicles and machinery must be operated with extreme care, as even a small error in judgment can have disastrous consequences. Farm accidents, or injuries from farm vehicles, are also unique because they are often covered by large insurance policies that are big enough to cover the hundreds of risks that farmers and farm works face in the agricultural industry. Colorado has numerous farms across the state each with its own set of risks, as conditions vary from the Eastern Plains, across the Rocky Mountains, and on the Western Slope. Unfortunately, farm policies are big because the injuries on a farm or caused by a large truck or vehicle can be devastating and deadly.
At our firm, we have seen farm insurance policies that are typically $1million or more, especially when the farmer or vehicle is covered by an umbrella policy. In certain instances we have seen policies of several million dollars available when something bad happens on a Colorado farm or by a farm truck or vehicle.Benefits of Letting Our Personal Injury Lawyers Manage Your Farming Accident Injury Case
If you suffered bodily injuries in an accident, our farm accident attorneys will support your case. Hiring Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC means you won't have to manage any of the legal details involved in seeking financial recovery. Our team will:
- Speak to any involved parties for you, such as eyewitnesses or the liable insurance company
- Complete all the paperwork necessary to file an insurance claim or lawsuit
- Determine who is liable for your agricultural accident injuries
- Explain which damages you're eligible to recover
- Offer supportive legal representation from the day you hire us, answering any questions you have
- Negotiate for the fair settlement you deserve
The aftermath of a farming accident can prove complex for many reasons. Yet, with our team on your side, you don't have to wade through those details. Our personal injury lawyers can build your case and seek maximum compensation for your injury-related hardships.It Costs You Nothing Upfront to Hire Our Colorado Farm Accident Lawyers
After an accident on a farm, you may feel financially overwhelmed. Going to the doctor and treating serious injuries can quickly become costly. This is why our team offers legal guidance on a contingency-fee basis.
You never pay hourly rates or retainers throughout our partnership. We'll fight your case and hold the at-fault party responsible for your injuries without asking for any payment from you. Then, once your case is won or settled, our team receives a percentage of your compensation to pay for our legal services. This allows you to avoid spending anything out of pocket.Former Clients Appreciated the Legal Service Our Law Firm Provided
After hiring Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, former clients had great things to say about our dedication to customer satisfaction. Some of our clients say:
- "Jason and Brian were amazing. It was amazing to watch them work in the courtroom. They knew what they were doing, they never worried about any obstacles we may have faced, and I watched Jason come in the courtroom after being up all night throwing up with the stomach flu, and he never missed a beat. This has been an experience for me, and I'm happy to have experienced it with these awesome attorneys..." - Stoney
- "Brian Bradford and the team are amazing. Response time is fantastic and the patience they have with me is a blessing." - Apryl
- "Jason Levy is an exceptional lawyer. He went above and beyond, acquiring specialists to support my injury loss case. We settled out of court successfully. I highly recommend Jason Levy to represent your injury loss claim." - Rebecca
If you suffered life-altering injuries on a farm, or because of a farm vehicle, we're ready to pursue financial justice on your behalf.Our Farm Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover These Damages
Our team will advise you on your legal options from the moment you partner with us. Once we get started, we can determine which damages you're eligible to recover. While the amount of compensation you can recover depends on your case's details, compensable losses in your case may include:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of emergency transport, assistive medical devices, medications, and doctors' visits
- Property damage costs (if you were involved in a farm-related vehicle accident, for instance)
- Mental anguish, if your injuries now cause you to suffer from anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder
- Pain and suffering for the physical discomfort you endure
- Lost income, if your farm injuries force you to spend time away from your job
- Reduced earning capacity, if your ability to earn a living and work your usual job has been lost or reduced
The team at Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC extends our sympathies for your loved one's death. We would consider it a privilege to fight for justice in your case.
If your loved one passed away in a farm accident, you could recover damages like the following with the help of our wrongful death lawyer:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The pain and suffering and emotional distress felt by surviving family members
- Your loved one's lost income
We can explain which parties can file a wrongful death action when you consult with our personal injury team.Types of Farm Accident Cases Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Manage
Each case is different, so we must understand how your case occurred before we can explain your next steps. Our team knows how to handle farm injury cases that involve:
- Crashes with farm vehicles that may be covered by farm insurance policies
- Accidents that happened on back roads or in rural areas near a farm
- Tractor accidents, including tractor rollovers
- Accidents involving defective farm equipment
- Toxic chemical exposure
- Baler accidents
- Lack of safety measures for workers or visitors on a farm
- Pesticide exposure
No matter the circumstances of your farm accident, our team wants to hear from you.Our Injury Lawyers File Your Farming Accident Lawsuit on Time
While you have all the time in the world to heal from your injuries, the same timeframe does not apply to legal action. Whether you're filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, you have just two years to file your case. Depending on your circumstances, your filing period begins from:
- The date you suffered injuries in the farming accident
- The date your loved one passed away from their injuries
We will work to collect evidence and settle your personal injury or wrongful death case before these deadlines expire. We encourage you to get started right away to avoid missing your chance at recovering a fair settlement.Call Our Team to Get Started on Your Farm Accident Injury Case
Don't hesitate to partner with our farming accident injury lawyers. We will fight for justice, and we are not afraid to stand up to farm insurance companies.
Call us as soon as you can. A member of our team is ready to offer you a free consultation when you dial 303-543-1000.