If you need monetary compensation after a Peloton accident, a lawyer from our firm can help you pursue a fair settlement. You can use this money to support your family and pay for many types of professional assistance that you might need, including medical treatment.
Filing a claim or pursuing a lawsuit can present many challenges, especially for those recovering from a debilitating injury or when a loved one has died. Our team would be happy to assume responsibility for your case and fight on your behalf, giving you more time to recuperate in peace.We Can Help After a Peloton Accident
If the insurance company is not cooperative or you do not feel up to handling a lawsuit alone, our team at Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, is here to help. We can assume the following roles, along with many others:
- An independent investigator: We can speak with you about the accident, request documentary evidence (e.g., medical records), conduct research into the accident’s causes, and more.
- A middleman for all communications: If the liable party or their insurance company tries to speak with you, send them to us. We can ensure that they do not try to offer an unsatisfactory settlement or compromise your rights.
- A fearless negotiator: We can meet with the insurance company and keep pressuring them to pay a fair settlement.
- A courtroom advocate: In addition to preparing for court (scheduling trial dates, submitting evidence, and so on), we can present your case and work to convince the jury that you need and deserve damages.
- A compassionate advisor: Accidents can be traumatizing, and lawsuits are often stressful and lengthy. You can let us know if and when you need extra assistance.
Affordable legal representation
Worried that you cannot afford a lawyer? At Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, we make our services more accessible by:
- Evaluating all cases at no charge: Anyone can call our office at any time and receive a free consultation, even if they ultimately decide against hiring us.
- Charging nothing up front: Our team will go to work for you without you having to pay any attorney’s fees.
- Charging nothing if we do not win: We only collect attorney’s fees once you have received your compensation. Our success is directly tied to yours: if you get nothing, we get nothing.
There are two main types of compensation that accident victims can sue for: economic damages and non-economic damages. If you experienced monetary difficulties as a result of the accident, ask for economic damages like:
- Medical expenses, if you had to see any type of doctor or specialist after the accident
- Miscellaneous expenses, if you had to spend money on a gardener, a housekeeper, a babysitter, or any other professional whose services you do not normally use
- Loss of wages, if your injuries kept you from going to work and supporting your family
- Loss of earning capacity, if you will never earn as much as you did before the injury
- Loss of employment, if you can no longer perform your pre-accident job duties or any type of work at all
If you were injured physically or mentally, you may be entitled to non-economic damages such as:
- Disability, if you lost the use of any part of your body, either temporarily or permanently
- Disfigurement or scarring, if you have obvious or painful marks caused by the injuries
- Pain and suffering, if your injuries caused physical or mental stress or worsened a preexisting condition
- Loss of consortium, if the accident negatively affected your marriage in any way
- Loss of quality of life, if you can no longer perform enjoyable or necessary activities, such as playing a sport or getting dressed by yourself
Establishing your Peloton accident damages
For your lawsuit to be successful, you must do more than list all of your injuries (although that is certainly important). A lawyer from our team can quantify the damages from your Peloton accident by:
- Speaking to you
- Speaking to friends, family, and other relevant parties
- Examining relevant bills
- Adding up missed paychecks
It is vital to know exactly how much your case is worth. The liable party’s insurance company cares more about saving themselves money than providing accident victims with what they deserve. They may:
- Try to offer a settlement that is too low
- Refuse to negotiate, assuming that you will give up and accept an insufficient settlement
- Blame you for the accident
- Deny the liable party’s responsibility
With strong evidence and a solid idea of your case’s worth, you can reduce the chances of being cheated by the insurance company.Laws to Remember After a Peloton Accident
The ability to file a lawsuit after an accident is subject to regulation by state law. While we are more than happy to navigate Colorado laws on your behalf, it may make you feel more in control to have a basic understanding of the legal landscape. We can explain these and other relevant laws in more detail after your initial case assessment. In some cases, it may be logical for us to team up (co-counsel) with another law firm in the state where your injury happened.
Statute of limitations
No matter how strong, any lawsuits filed after the limitations date can get dismissed, preventing you from collecting compensation.
In addition, starting a lawsuit sooner rather than later may increase our chances of finding enough evidence to prove your case. This is especially true of impermanent forms of evidence, such as:
- Surveillance footage
- Other video footage
- Digital photos
- Eyewitness memory
- Certain types of reports
Per Colorado statute, you may recover damages even if you are found to be partly responsible for the accident that caused your injuries. However, the amount you can recover decreases as your alleged responsibility increases, and if you are equally responsible or more, you will be barred from recovering in Colorado. Our firm may be able to collect evidence proving your innocence, however, thereby potentially increasing your final payout.
Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, can provide a lawyer to fight on your behalf for compensation after a Peloton accident. Call us at (303) 543-1000 and let a member of our team evaluate your case at no cost or obligation to you. We proudly represent clients throughout Colorado.