Accident With a Car or Truck Pulling a U-Haul Trailer
While U-Hauls are a convenient way to move items to a new house or city, they must be maintained, loaded, and hooked up properly. If they are not, and an accident happens, victims can suffer serious injuries. Our team can build your case if you were hurt in an accident with a car or truck pulling a U-Haul trailer. And remember, you may have a claim against the driver of the U-Haul trailer, and potentially even U-Haul itself, depending on how involved they were with getting the trailer connected to the vehicle pulling it.
You could recover compensation that pays for your medical bills, damage to your vehicle, and the income you lost while you were recovering. A member of the Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC team can review your case for free when you reach out to us at (303) 543-1000.Our Vehicle Accident Attorneys Can Handle all the Legal Details for You
After an accident with a car or truck pulling a U-Haul, you shouldn’t have to worry about taking legal action on your own. The team at Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC is ready to navigate the legal process while you recover from your injuries.
On your behalf, our lawyers will:
- Determine what damages you could recover
- Explain the laws that apply to your case
- Illustrate your legal options
- Fill out and file any paperwork necessary for your claim or lawsuit
- Offer legal advice throughout your case
- Negotiate with insurers for a fair settlement
- Answer any questions you have
- Provide timely case updates
We believe accident victims deserve justice. Our lawyers are not afraid to stand up against large insurance companies to pursue the money you need.Why Clients Choose to Work With Our Car and Truck Accident Lawyers
When you choose to work with our firm, you’ll benefit from the personalized attention we put into your case. Former clients who have worked with Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC have great things to say about the service they received. For example:
- “…I contacted Cook, Bradford and Levy after doing an online search for nearby injury lawyers. Jason Levy came to my home right away and explained how he and his legal team could help me. Jason was kind and caring, and he gave me a much-needed sense of peace and assurance. I went with my gut feeling that they would take good care of me so I contracted with his firm the same day. Everyone on their legal team has treated me with the utmost care and respect…” – Linda
- “Brian Bradford and the team are amazing. Response time is fantastic and the patience they have with me is a blessing.” – Apryl
Depending on the facts of your case, you could recover both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages account for the financial losses you suffered because of the car or truck collision. Meanwhile, non-economic damages refer to your intangible losses.
Some of the economic damages you could recover include:
- Medical bills, including the cost of medications, hospital stays, ambulance trips, emergency room visits, doctor’s appointments, and travel to appointments
- Property damage costs if your vehicle needs to be repaired or replaced because of the accident
- Lost income if you had to take time away from work to attend doctor’s appointments and heal from your injuries
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from earning your pre-accident income
Recoverable non-economic damages might include:
- Pain and suffering for the physical pain you endured because of the crash
- Mental anguish if you suffer from anxiety, depression, or PTSD as a result of the accident
- Lost life enjoyment if you can no longer enjoy the activities you once did
Our team will listen to the details of your case to understand all the ways the accident affected your life. We can use this information to create a demand for damages that adequately compensates you for your losses.Wrongful Death Damages After a Car or Truck Crash
If you lost a loved one because of an accident with a car or truck pulling a U-Haul, our team offers its condolences. While you spend time with your family, you can leave your case to us. We can pursue wrongful death damages on your family’s behalf, such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of the decedent’s benefits
- The pain and suffering of surviving family members
- Loss of the decedent’s companionship
- Surviving family members’ emotional distress
Whether you’re filing a lawsuit for your injuries or the loss of a loved one, you must do so on time. Each state has a statute of limitations that explains how long you have to submit your case.
In Colorado, CO Rev Stat § 13-80-101 says you typically have three years to file your personal injury lawsuit. If you plan to file a wrongful death lawsuit, you generally have two years to file, per CO Rev Stat Ann § 13-80-108.
Filing your case too late could mean losing your chance to recover compensation. We recommend you get started on your case as soon as you can, which gives our team time to investigate and submit your lawsuit before we run out of time.Our Team Can Collect Evidence to Determine How the U-Haul Accident Occurred
Before we can pursue compensation, we need to prove that another party, including U-Haul itself, caused the accident and the injuries you suffered. We can do this by gathering evidence that points to their negligence.
The evidence we can use to build your case includes:
- Witness statements
- Video footage from dashboard cameras, surveillance cameras, or smartphone cameras
- Photos of the accident and your injuries
- Accident scene reconstruction data
- Cell phone records from the party who caused the accident
- The police report
- Statements from your doctor
If you collected any evidence at the accident scene, bring it to your lawyer. Any proof you have could strengthen your case. If you couldn’t collect any evidence, don’t worry. Our team is ready to investigate your case. We will hire experts if needed to determine the role the trailer played in the crash.Reach Out to Us After an Accident With a Car or Truck Pulling a U-Haul Trailer
When you are the victim of an accident with a car or truck pulling a U-Haul trailer, you deserve justice. The lawyers at Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC are ready to pursue compensation on your behalf.
We’re here to help you hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us at (303) 543-1000 for your free consultation.