Bard PowerPort Lawsuits
If you have a health condition requiring frequent medicine injections related to chemotherapy, your doctor may determine you are a well-suited candidate for the Bard PowerPort device. While this device is supposed to make you more comfortable as you have blood drawn or receive fluids, it has caused many patients serious health complications.
Design flaws with the Bard PowerPort have led to infections and fatal injuries. Many patients who trusted the implantable port are now submitting Bard PowerPort lawsuits to seek justice for the product’s malfunction. If you or someone you love suffered because of a Bard PowerPort, the personal injury team at Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC can build your case. Call us at 303-543-1000 to learn more during a free consultation.The Attorneys From Our Team Can File Your Bard PowerPort Lawsuit
Patients suffering from a medical condition caused by a Bard PowerPort implant don’t have to fight their legal battle alone. Battling cancer is difficult enough, and between attending doctor’s appointments, resting, and spending time with your family, you already have enough going on. When you hire our lawyers to handle your case, you’ll have the time to focus on your health.
Our team can seek justice for you by doing the following:
- Collecting evidence that proves a Bard PowerPoint device caused your condition
- Explaining your legal options and the laws that apply to your case
- Assessing your case to determine the damages you can recover
- Informing you of the filing deadlines that apply to your injury lawsuit
- Proving liability and fighting for the compensation you deserve from the liable party
Medical care is expensive, especially when dealing with a serious or life-threatening condition like cancer. Our lawyers understand the financial strain you may feel, so we do not charge any upfront fees. Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC takes cases like yours on a contingency fee basis. This means:
- You do not pay us up front to hire our attorneys.
- We do not receive your payment until we win or settle your case.
- You’ll never owe us anything out of pocket, as we take an agreed-upon percentage of your compensation to cover our fees.
Our firm also offers no-cost, risk-free consultations. You can reach out to us to discuss your case without any charge or obligation.Damages You Could Recover With a Bard PowerPort Lawsuit
The damages you can recover depend on your case’s details. Generally, patients who suffered an injury or illness after Bard PowerPort use can pursue compensation for:
- Pain and suffering for the physical distress of your injuries
- Medical expenses, such as medications, corrective surgeries, doctor’s appointments, medical tests, and travel to appointments
- Lost income if your medical condition prevented you from working temporarily or permanently
- Reduced earning capacity if you are permanently incapable of making as much money as you did before you developed a medical issue
- Lost life enjoyment if you are no longer able to enjoy the same activities because of your condition
If your loved one passed away because of complications caused by their Bard PowerPort implant, you may be entitled to wrongful death damages. A wrongful death case may result in the recovery of damages such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of the decedent’s benefits
- The pain and suffering felt by surviving family members
- Emotional distress
- Income the decedent would have earned
Those who suffered one of the following conditions because of a Bard PowerPort implant may be eligible to recover compensation:
- Septic shock
- Cardiac arrhythmia
- Tissue, vessel, and organ perforations
- Cardiac/pericardial tamponade
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Hemorrhaging or bleeding injuries
- Serious pain
- Other injuries linked to a Bard PowerPort device
Bard PowerPort implants have not been recalled, but many patients have filed lawsuits against the product’s manufacturer, Becton Dickinson & Company. If you are unsure whether you can take legal action, our lawyers are ready to assess your case and hear your story.Health Conditions Linked to Bard PowerPort Implanted Devices
Many patients have reported that their Bard PowerPort catheter has fractured, migrated, or become infected after being implanted. When suffering from cancer, a Bard PowerPort can become dangerous and life-threatening when it works incorreclty or breaks down. Deterioration of the barium sulfate coating is often the culprit. Regardless of the nature of your device’s malfunction, however, you could face life-altering health complications.
If your implant fractured, you could suffer from:
- Blood vessel tearing
- Pulmonary embolism
- Blood clotting
- Cardiac arrhythmia
Patients whose PowerPort migrated reported:
- They were diagnosed with infections.
- They experienced obstructed blood flow.
- They suffered from organ damage.
- The catheter implant failed.
You could also suffer a Bard PowerPort infection, which causes various symptoms, such as:
- Drainage or pus
- Changes in urine appearance and smell
If you notice anything is amiss after getting a Bard PowerPort implant, we advise contacting your doctor immediately.The Problem With Bard PowerPort Devices
Bard PowerPort devices have been known to cause problems for years. Manufacturers rolled out the device in 2000, and since then, patients who have suffered health complications have urged a recall of the product.
The product’s manufacturers have yet to release any warnings about the potential hazards the device could introduce. Issues with Bard PowerPorts can be traced to the manufacturers, as many lawsuits have pointed out that the product poses health threats because of the chemicals used in its production.
Incorrect mixing of components like polyurethane polymer and barium sulfate causes cracks, migration, and infections, leading to severe and fatal health conditions.Call Us to Learn More About Filing a Bard PowerPort Lawsuit – Our Attorneys Are Ready to Represent You
Patients who suffered injuries or became ill because of a Bard PowerPort device deserve justice. Our team of lawyers can help you file a lawsuit against the device’s manufacturer. We can fight to seek compensation for damages such as pain and suffering and medical expenses.
Don’t wait to get started on your case. The lawyers at Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC are ready to start on your lawsuit right away. Contact us for your free consultation today by calling 303-543-1000.