Medical Transport Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured in a medical transport accident, legal support is available. A lawyer from our office can help you fight for appropriate compensation, which you can then use to pay your bills and support your family.
The money you receive from a medical transport accident case cannot undo the injury, but it can make it easier for you to manage your finances during this difficult time. It can also ensure the liable party is held to account for their reckless, careless actions that have hurt you or a loved one.Compensation for Medical Transport Accidents
After an accident involving medical transport, you or a family member may be facing more physical, psychological, and financial hardship as a result of the crash or injury. Seeking compensation can help you and your family cope with losses such as:
- Pain and suffering: This could mean physical distress from your injuries, as well as emotional distress or mental illness caused by the accident.
- Physical disability: You may qualify if, for example, you suffered nerve damage that causes chronic pain, had an organ removed, or had a limb amputated.
- Intellectual disability: Traumatic brain injuries can have temporary or permanent effects.
- Reduced quality of life: The cumulative effects of the accident can make it hard or even impossible for you to maintain your pre-accident lifestyle.
- Temporarily reduced income: Until your injuries heal, you may be unable to perform your regular job duties.
- Permanently reduced income: If your injuries never heal completely, you may be unable to earn as much as you did before the accident.
- Medical bills: You could qualify to recover for any type of treatment you required, from tests and surgery to medication and assistive devices.
- Other costs: This may refer to any and all expenses that you would not have incurred if the accident had not happened (e.g., a landscaper to mow your lawn).
These and other damages may be awarded in both personal injury cases and wrongful death cases. There are also damages available specifically for those filing a wrongful death suit for a deceased loved one. These include:
- Loss of society and companionship: The deceased was an invaluable and irreplaceable source of joy, comfort, and affection.
- End-of-life costs: This could refer to any expense associated with settling the deceased’s estate and laying them to rest.
- Loss of financial security: Without the deceased’s income, it may be hard for you and their other dependents to maintain your standard of living.
Whether you are filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, our team would like to help in any way we can. When scheduling an appointment, you can come to see us in our office, or we can come to see you.We Can Manage Your Medical Transport Accident Case
At Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, we represent the victims of all kinds of accidents and fight hard to ensure they all receive fair compensation. As one satisfied client said, we treat each of our clients with “the utmost care and respect,” providing a “much-needed sense of peace and assurance” during a difficult time.
Among other things, our team can:
- Answer your questions: Our clients are welcome to contact us at any time if they have a concern or need help making a legal decision.
- Collect pertinent evidence: We can speak to everyone involved in the accident and compile essential documents to strengthen your case.
- Negotiate a settlement: If the insurance company is willing to negotiate, we can meet with them and fight for the money you deserve.
- Prepare the settlement agreement: Once a settlement agreement is reached, we can draw up the paperwork and review it with you to make sure it is satisfactory before you sign.
- Go to trial: If the only way to get fair compensation is by going to court, we can make the necessary arrangements and represent you in front of a judge and jury.
- Keep you up to date: We always let our clients know when there are major changes in the case. This way, they do not have to worry about what is happening and are better equipped to make big decisions.
By performing these and other important tasks, a lawyer from our team can help you pursue appropriate damages after a medical transport accident. In addition, we charge no attorney’s fees unless and until you recover compensation.When to Start a Lawsuit
You depend on medical transport to take care of you or a family member on the way to the doctor, hospital, or other treatment facility. When something goes wrong, you deserve the chance to recoup your losses and hold the liable party responsible for their costly mistake.
Medical transport accidents can happen if you were:
- Not loaded into the vehicle safely
- Not escorted out of the vehicle safely
- Not secured properly within the vehicle
- Involved in a traffic accident caused by the driver’s negligence
Many medical transport companies are required to follow specific safety standards as a condition of receiving a contract through Medicare or Medicaid. If you or a loved one experienced such an accident due to a violation of these standards, it is best to begin your claim as soon as you or loved one are physically able. According to Colorado’s statute of limitations, your right to file a lawsuit usually, but not always, ends two to three years after the accident, depending on the circumstances of your case.Other Reasons to Get Started Right Away
The statute of limitations is not the only reason you should promptly start a claim or file lawsuit after an accident. The sooner you begin, the easier it may be to collect critical evidence, such as:
- Police reports that show when and where the accident happened and who was involved
- Video or photos that provide visual footage of events leading up to the accident, the accident itself, and the accident’s aftermath
- Expert testimony from people qualified to evaluate the actions of those involved, injury severity, and so on
- Witness testimony that confirms how the accident happened and the damage it caused
- Medical records that prove you suffered injuries and the required treatments for which you are now seeking compensation
For a free case evaluation, call the office of Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC at (303) 543-1000. Members of our team are standing by to speak with you about how one of our lawyers can help after a medical transport accident. We want to fight hard for justice and fair compensation on your behalf.