Head-On Collisions in Boulder
The Boulder car accident lawyers at Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, handle every type of motor vehicle crash and have a history of securing settlements and verdicts for clients involved in these accidents. If a negligent driver caused you or your loved one to suffer injuries in a head-on collision, you deserve compensation.
Our firm may be able to help you build your case for damages and represent you in settlement negotiations and court, as necessary. Your initial case assessment is complimentary.Compensation You Could Recover After a Head-On Collision
The payout in head-on collision cases depends on the severity of injured parties’ damages. For example, victims who suffered long-term injuries or developed disabilities will likely require more financial support than those who expect to make a full recovery.
If you were the victim of a head-on collision in Boulder, you could collect compensation for:
- The emergency medical attention you received at the accident scene
- Surgeries and treatments you underwent
- Prescription pain medications
- Physical therapy
- Future medical treatment you require for long-term injuries
- Property damage
- The income you could not earn during your recovery
You could also recoup compensation for any harm to your earning power if your injuries affected your ability to make a living.
You could also recover non-economic damages
In addition to the expenses and losses outlined above, you could also recover non-economic damages. This refers to the intangible harm the collision caused you, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
You could also recover compensation for disability. It compensates you for your quality of life after suffering a long-term impairment.What our Law Firm can do for You
It can be beneficial to have a lawyer who has handled head-on collisions cases in Boulder County navigate the nuances of winning your personal injury case. When you hire Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, after a serious head-on collision, we will get to work on your case right away.
We can help you by:
Investigating and building your case
Our legal team will work in tandem with accident reconstruction specialists and law enforcement officials in Boulder to determine what caused your accident. Our findings will be crucial when it comes to negotiating a settlement. We will need to show the insurer that their client’s negligence caused your collision.
Some evidence that we can find and utilize on your behalf includes:
- Photographs of the scene, such as visible skid marks and debris on the roadway
- Witness statements
- Black box data
- Surveillance footage from nearby businesses, closed-circuit television (CCTV), and traffic cameras
- Official accident reports
Your account of events is important. In the days and weeks following the accident, we encourage you to record your experience in a journal. We can use this information to corroborate witness testimony and support your allegations.
Negotiating with the insurance company
Many cases resolve through insurance settlements and never require our clients to go to court. If this seems like the best option in your case, our team will file an insurance claim using the evidence we collected and demand a payout.
The claims process may involve negotiations with the insurer, but you can rest assured that we will take care of this for you. During the negotiations process, we will:
- Offer advice to help you make informed decisions
- Protect you against bad faith insurance practices
- Outline the cost of your damages and the cause of your accident in a demand letter
- Communicate with the claims adjuster and insurance representatives
- Go back and forth with the insurer until we reach an agreement
In some cases, we may advise filing a lawsuit if the statute of limitations is approaching and there is no sign of a fair offer.
In Colorado, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits involving car accidents is typically three years. The state outlines this deadline in CO Rev Stat § 13-80-101.
Some exceptions may apply, but we can let you know the timeline for your lawsuit when reviewing your case.
Advocating for your right to recovery
If filing a lawsuit becomes necessary, a trial attorney from our team will:
- Present evidence to the judge and jury
- Exchange information during the discovery phase
- Talk to the defendant’s legal counsel
- Create an argument on your behalf
- Call on experts to testify
- Cross-examine the defendant’s witnesses
- File your case within the appropriate deadline
We will fight for your right to receive compensation from the liable party.We can Prove Negligence in Your Case
Even if it is apparent that another driver’s careless or reckless actions caused your head-on collision, we will still need to establish negligence. We will need to prove this regardless of whether your case makes it to court or not.
With the evidence our team collects, we can prove:
- The other party had a duty of care. This means they had a legal responsibility to act with caution on the road.
- The other party violated their duty of care, meaning they posed a risk to others while driving.
- The other party caused your accident. Your head-on collision could have been the result of drunk driving, distracted driving, or failing to obey a traffic signal.
- You have monetary expenses resulting from the accident. This could include your healthcare bills, lost wages, property damage costs, and loss of future earning ability.
The American Bar Association (ABA) says that proving negligence is one of the most important aspects of your case, and we agree. However, we understand what goes into building successful cases. We can prove negligence––and any other elements required to win compensation for you.Hire a Car Accident Attorney in Boulder, Colorado
Head-on collisions can result in severe injuries or even death. These types of serious crashes are more common in Boulder than you might think. At Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, we strive to hold negligent drivers accountable when they cause such incidents.
If a careless driver hit you or your loved one, you could benefit from partnering with a head-on collisions lawyer in Boulder. We’ve collected millions on behalf of our clients in Boulder County and throughout the rest of Colorado. Let us extend our legal services to you. Reach out for a free case assessment at (303) 543-1000.