Fort Collins Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident in Fort Collins, Colorado, you may be eligible to file for compensation through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Navigating the legal system does not have to be a scary ordeal, especially if you decide to work with an attorney from Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC.
Our personal injury lawyers have over 60 years of collective experience representing car accident victims, slip and fall victims, and other types of accident victims in Fort Collins. Continue reading to learn more about how we may be able to help you. We also offer free case evaluations.Your Personal Injury Case May be Worth up to Millions of Dollars in Damages
Our legal team has helped accident victims of all kinds get the compensation they need. Our track record has shown great success in winning victims hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation—even million-dollar compensation awards.
Below are a few examples of cases we’ve won:
- $500,000 settlement for a rear-end accident case in Larimer County
- $200,000 insurance settlement for a motorcycle accident case in Larimer County
- $1,500,000 insurance settlement for a vehicle accident case in Denver County
- $1,330,000 settlement for a truck accident case in Boulder County
The way our team measures personal injury cases is by individually evaluating a client’s damages. If you choose to work with us, we will begin assessing your case’s value by categorizing your damages into two groups: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages already have a financial value attached to them, so we can first calculate their total costs and gauge how your accident and injuries affected you financially.
These damages may include:
- Medical expenses to treat your injuries
- Costs to repair or replace property of yours that was damaged in the accident
- Income you lost or expect to lose due to your injuries (e.g., having to take unpaid time off to go to frequent medical appointments)
- The difference in salary if you were forced to take a lower-paying position or forgo job opportunities or promotions due to your injuries (referred to as “reduced earning potential”)
- Mileage costs to travel to medical appointments far from your home
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, generally do not have a financial value. We will have to estimate how much financial compensation they may be worth based on how these losses affected you as a whole.
These damages are more physical and emotional, and may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress or mental anguish
- Loss of joy in life or hobbies and activities
- Psychological trauma
- Permanent disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
Per CO Rev Stat § 13-80-101, you generally have three years to file your car accident lawsuit. Filing an insurance claim may have different deadlines by which you must abide. For example, a slip and fall or plain negligence case has a two-year statute of limitations. Regardless of case type, a lawyer from our team can review your facts to determine these deadlines.
Regarding the statutory deadline, it is crucial that you file your case on time if you decide to pursue compensation through a civil lawsuit. If you do not, a judge could dismiss your case upon request or review, which would jeopardize your ability to seek and receive compensation.Hiring a Lawyer Can Help You Access Additional Resources to Build Your Case
Working with an attorney from our team can bring several benefits. This can especially be true if you have never navigated the litigation system before or are unable to get enough information to build your case on your own.
When you become a client at Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, you can expect some of the following services:
- A private investigation into your case to retrieve additional evidence and pinpoint who may be liable for your injuries and related damages
- Communication services to handle statements made to insurance companies, legal attorneys, and other involved parties so that your case remains protected
- Administrative services to ensure your case paperwork is correct and filed within the legal deadlines
- Legal representation services, which include advocating for your financial interests during settlement negotiations or a trial case
At Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, our lawyers will take the time to meet you in person and listen to what you or a loved one has been through since your accident. Our Fort Collins personal injury lawyers can sympathize with you, having served injured victims across Colorado.
Our experience has taught us that respect is key to a successful client-attorney relationship. This starts with a willingness to listen to what you’ve been through so that we can fairly assess how we may be able to help you.We Can Meet With You in Person to Talk About Your Case
After reviewing your case over the phone, we can arrange a face-to-face meeting with you at our office, your home in the Fort Collins area, or at a mutually agreeable location. These might include a brewery or coffee shop. We also can meet over Zoom.
During this meeting, we will explain to you in detail:
- The mechanics of a personal injury case
- How our contingency-fee agreement works
- How we can advance the costs of building your case
- How you can reach us (with our main office number and our personal cell phone numbers)
We can also answer any other questions you may have about your case. Our goal is to provide you with clarity and confidence in who you are choosing to represent you in your case. Unlike many law firms, our team will never pressure you to sign our fee agreement.Call Now to Start Working With Our Personal Injury Team Today
At Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, we are proud of our track record of success for our clients. We have handled a wide variety of personal injury claims over the years, and we are passionate about the work that we do.
If you or a loved one was hurt or killed in any type of accident in Fort Collins, we invite you to call our team to hire one of our personal injury lawyers today. Call (303) 543-1000 to get a free consultation.