Broomfield Truck Accident Lawyer
With so many people on the roads around Broomfield, truck accidents aren’t uncommon. Unfortunately, I-25 and the Northwest Parkway have seen some of the most tragic crashes in recent memory. According to an article dated July 1, 2022, in The Denver Post, 3 people were injured in an accident involving a semi-truck and 4 other vehicles.
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a truck accident, the Broomfield truck accident lawyers at Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC can help you file a claim for compensation. Call us at (303) 543-1000 today to learn more.Our Truck Accident Attorneys Fight for Your Right to Compensation
At Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC, our team of personal injury lawyers can fight for compensation for all your losses. While you recover from your semi-truck accident, our legal team can help you with the following tasks:
- Collecting the police report, videos, photos, and other evidence to support your accident claim
- Recreating the accident to prove fault
- Establishing the value of your 18-wheeler accident losses, including both economic and non-economic damages
- Submitting a demand letter to the responsible party and their insurance carrier
- Responding to any correspondence, emails, or phone calls regarding your claim
- Working with insurance companies to come to a fair settlement agreement
- Filing your case in court if necessary
Our injury lawyers offer their help on a contingency-fee basis. That way, you don’t pay any upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Only do you pay us if we obtain a settlement for you.
We also encourage you to get in touch with us as soon as possible, as each case has a statute of limitations that you must not miss. Per CO Rev Stat § 13-80-101, in general, you must file a lawsuit within three years of the accident. Certain circumstances can affect this statute of limitations by making it shorter. Still, if you fail to file within the legal time limit, you could lose your chance to claim compensation for your truck accident injuries.What Can You Claim in a Broomfield Truck Accident Case?
While the details of your case are unique to your situation, the goal of any personal injury claim is to seek a sufficient settlement for your losses. As much as money can do so, a good trucking attorney will strive to make you “whole” again. Your lawyer may help you pursue compensation for:
Economic damages refer to tangible losses that you can quantify using documentation such as pay stubs, bills, and invoices. Such damages may include:
- Hospital and medical bills
- Medical equipment and medication
- Lost income, both current and future
- Reduced income potential
- Loss of business
- Out of pocket expenses
Your lawyer may seek testimony from economic and vocational experts to support the value of your economic losses.
Your losses after a truck accident are not limited to financial loss. They also include the negative effects that your injuries have on your well-being and quality of life. Such damages may be:
- Emotional anguish
- Physical pain and suffering
- Chronic disability
- Loss of enjoyment
- Lower quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of use
Our semi-truck accident lawyers in Broomfield can quantify these damages to ensure that you receive just compensation for all your losses. If your big truck accident injuries stem from someone else’s negligence, you should not have to pay for those losses. We can support you throughout the legal process and fight for your rights. And help identify the sources of money that can compensate you.Who Bears Fault for a Broomfield Truck Accident?
When a big truck accident occurs in Broomfield, the truck driver is often at fault. However, those working in the trucking industry must comply with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations. With so many parties involved, such accidents are complicated and can have multiple at-fault parties each of whom may bear some liability. Those who could be responsible for a tractor-trailer accident include:
- The shipping company that employs the driver
- The truck maintenance or repair company
- A driver of another vehicle
- The manufacturer or distributor of defective trucks or components
- A construction or landscaping company
- A local or state entity responsible for road maintenance and repairs
Every accident case is different, so you may want to have our injury lawyers guide you throughout the claims process as early as possible to make sure all sources of compensation are accounted for.Causes of Truck Accidents in Broomfield, CO
With a convenient location directly between Downtown Denver and Boulder, Broomfield experiences significant traffic, even when it is not rush hour. Truck drivers on Broomfield’s congested roadways must pay extra attention to ensure their safety and the safety of others. According to the FMCSA, driver error is often the culprit of these crashes.
However, truck driver error is not the only cause for a truck accident. Some common causes of truck accidents in Broomfield include:
- Distracted driving, such as driving while on the phone, texting while driving, or looking at navigation apps
- Aggressive driving, including passing on the left, tailgating, and road rage
- Speeding, including going over the posted speed limit, going too fast for weather conditions, and failing to slow on hilly or mountainous terrain
- Driving while intoxicated, which may include alcohol, prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, and/or controlled substances
- Poor road conditions due to potholes, road deterioration, rockfalls, gravel, and obstacles in the road
- Road construction, including closed lanes, uneven lanes, traffic pattern changes, and slow-moving vehicles
- Inclement weather, including wind, rain, ice, sleet, snow, and fog
- Faulty or failed equipment due to defective equipment, poor maintenance, or inadequate repairs
Establishing the cause of your truck accident is a key step in pursuing compensation for your losses. The truck accident lawyers in Broomfield, CO, from our firm can help you obtain the evidence to determine the exact cause of your injuries, so you can pursue the at-fault parties.Start Working With Our Broomfield Truck Accident Lawyers to Learn More
Truck accident injuries can be severe and result in massive lifelong changes or even death. If you or someone you love has suffered losses due to a semi-truck accident, you have a right to seek financial compensation.
Don’t delay! Reach out to Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC at (303) 543-1000 to start your free consultation. If we decide to take your case, the Broomfield truck accident lawyers on our team can handle the legal aspects of your truck accident claim, so you can focus on your recovery and have the peace of mind you need to get back on your feet. We can help you write your comeback story.