Most Dangerous Intersections in Boulder, CO
According to the City of Boulder’s 2019 Safe Streets Report, some of the most dangerous intersections in Boulder, CO are the site of anywhere from 50 to 150 crashes per year. Fatality rates for these intersections also range between three and five fatalities per year.
The most dangerous intersections include:
- Arapahoe Avenue and 30th Street
- Arapahoe Avenue and Foothills Parkway
- Arapahoe Avenue and 28th Street
- Broadway and Baseline Road
- Colorado Avenue and 30th Street
- Regent Drive and Colorado Avenue
- Canyon Boulevard and Folsom Street
If you were hurt in a car accident in these intersections or any other Boulder location, a lawyer from Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC can build your case and pursue compensation for your injuries. Our team provides the first consultation for free, without any upfront or out-of-pocket costs. So, if you decide to work with us, one of our car accident lawyers can get started on your case right away.What Makes an Intersection Dangerous?
Certain factors can increase the risk level of intersections, most of which derive from poor road design. Intersections tend to become more dangerous when:
- A high volume of traffic goes through the intersection: Wherever there are more vehicles, there is a greater chance of accidents occurring. Whether an intersection is prone to traffic congestion during rush hour or regularly sees high traffic because of nearby businesses or highway entrances/exits, intersections with high traffic volumes are usually riskier.
- There are no signs to navigate drivers: Lack of proper road signage can cause accidents because drivers may be confused about how to navigate the intersection. Alternatively, intersections with damaged or worn-out signs may cause drivers to take too much time trying to decipher them, which can distract them from the road.
- Drivers cannot see well in the intersection: Intersections where drivers have poor visibility can lead to more accidents. Poor visibility can be a result of intersections having no lighting, being under an overpass, sitting on top of a hill, or poor weather conditions (such as fog).
- Drivers do not have designated turning lanes: T-intersections often have a higher risk of collisions because many do not have designated turning lanes. This design forces drivers to be quick about making turns, which can leave them vulnerable if they do not measure the speed of oncoming cars well.
- Many people cross or interact with the road near the intersection: Intersections in areas with high foot traffic can also be more vulnerable to accidents, as drivers must be extra cautious not to hit pedestrians or bicyclists. However, as cautious as drivers try to be, jaywalkers and merging bicyclists can still come as a surprise, resulting in accidents.
If you get into an accident in one of Boulder’s most dangerous intersections or on any other roadway, you can take proactive steps to build your accident case. These include:
- Taking photos and videos of the accident scene and your injuries
- Collecting contact, insurance, and driver’s license information for all involved drivers
- Filing a crash report with law enforcement to begin a paper trail for your accident
- Seeking medical attention if you suffered an injury (even if it seems minor), as your medical records can be used as evidence
If you are unable to do some of these steps because you require emergency treatment at the time of the accident, our legal team can retrieve this information for you. Working with a car accident lawyer from Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC can relieve you of many legal burdens, including these.What Does an Accident Lawyer Do to Help Build a Case?
One of the main legal services of personal injury attorneys is to manage cases on behalf of their clients. They organize their team to gather evidence, build case arguments, and present these facts to insurance adjusters or juries to pursue compensation for clients.
If you are recovering from your injuries or burdened with other life demands because of your injuries, having a lawyer handle your case for you is not only convenient but also ensures that you follow proper legal protocol. Some of the legal services we offer at Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC include:
- Investigating the accident scene and reviewing the crash report to retrieve information
- Conducting a separate investigation to retrieve additional evidence for your case, such as surveillance footage or witness testimony
- Handling all communications with insurance adjusters, attorneys, and court officials
- Filling out paperwork and submitting them by their deadlines, including the statute of limitations
- Negotiating an out-of-court settlement deal when possible
- Representing you at trial if necessary
If you have questions about your case, our team is also available to provide legal counsel once you become our client.What Kind of Damages Can You Get in an Intersection Accident Case?
You may be able to recover compensation for a variety of damages, including:
- Current and future medical costs
- Current and future loss of income
- Current and future pain and suffering
- Reduced earning potential
- Property damage
- Permanent disability
- Reduced quality of life or enjoyment of former hobbies and activities
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress, including depression, anxiety, and insomnia
You may qualify for other damages not listed here as well.How Long Do You Have to File an Accident Case?
Per CO Rev Stat § 13-80-101, you generally have three years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury action. Certain factors can adjust this deadline, such as filing against a municipality or if the injured party is a minor. Therefore, it is in your best interest to act as soon as possible, in case your case’s filing deadline is shorter than the general statute mandates.
Failure to meet your case deadline could result in automatic dismissal, which would bar you from pursuing compensation from the defending party.Call Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC today to build your intersection accident case
If you or a loved one were hurt in an accident at a dangerous intersection in Boulder, CO, you may qualify to file a personal injury case. An accident injury lawyer from Cook, Bradford & Levy, LLC can build your case for you and petition for compensation on your behalf. Our team works on a contingency-fee basis, so you do not have to pay any attorney’s fees unless we win your case.
To learn more, call 303-543-1000 today for a free case review.